Pages

.

Happy Australia Day!!


Check out this beautiful pavlova that my niece made! I love how the strawberries are piled up majestically on top. What a great way to spend Australia day. As I'm sure almost all of the country did, we had a BBQ today to celebrate.


We kept it very simple, with 3 meats - Frikadellen, cevapcici and sausages. Cevapcici are Eastern European skinless sausages, which we made in a similar manner to the Frikadellen, but with lots of spices and no bread inside.

The drink in the wine glass is a campari spritz, my version of Tutto Bene's aperol spritz. It's just campari and sparkling wine with a slice of orange. It's so refreshing! My drink of the summer. I also made a kid-friendly version for my nephew Darren, by pouring blood orange soft drink into a big wine glass with a slice of orange.

We also made a block of grilled feta, a big plate of grilled onions, some German potato salad, and a very light cucumber and tomato salad.

White bread, onions, sausage and tomato sauce. How Austraay-yan can you get?

And then it was time for dessert. Cheryl's pavlova was perfect, with a great balance between bland cream, sweet fluffy centre and crispy shell.


Happy Australia Day everybody!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment