Pages

.

Tuesdays At The Table - Oatmeal Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits

Welcome to Spring!  HURRAY!  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  This week, TATT is going to the dogs.  Like all dogs, my pups enjoy a good treat.  However, the boxes don't display the fat & calories the way I'd like them to.  One of my Cocker Spaniels - Peach Blossom passed away a few years ago after living with Cushing's Disease.  I learned from her the value of watching my herd's waistline.


Lovely Yellow Ribbons

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits

2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tablespoons wheat germ (sometimes I use flax seed)
1 tablespoon of honey
1 cup rolled oats
1/3 cup organic peanut butter (my pups like chunky)
1 1/4 cups hot water

Combine the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.  Add the peanut butter, honey and water.  You may need to add more hot water if the dough is really sticky.  Knead the dough well.  Roll out onto a floured surface and roll out to 1/4 inch thickness.  Use cookie cutters (I use pawprints) to cut the dough into shapes.  Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes (depending on size of cookie cutter used).  Turn off oven and let the treats dry out overnight.  Pack into airtight container.

What's cooking in your kitchen?



No comments:

Post a Comment