Pages

.

Lean Cuisine Honestly Good Healthy Meals #EatHonestly

   I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and their client. All photos and opinions are my own.

 
   Last night was hectic.  I had an order for 200 chocolate covered pretzels and after making them I was exhausted but still wanted a healthy meal.  I told my husband I would cook for us since he was out all day as well but I knew I didn't have the energy to cook.   So I headed to the store hoping to buy a frozen meal with healthy ingredients.  When I went looking for a frozen entree I found a new frozen meal from Lean Cuisine.  They have a new line of meals called Honestly Good which are 100% all natural with no artificial ingredients and no preservatives. (You can read all about my shopping experience HERE!)

     My husband has never been a huge fan of frozen dinners but these looked different.  They each included a protein, vegetable, and side item.  I bought two different chicken entrees, the Pomegranate Chicken and the Honey Citrus Chicken.



    When I got home I took a look at the meals. They looked pretty good and were packaged different then most frozen meals.  The sauce came in a separate package.   I cooked both of the meals and transferred them from the trays they were cooked in to dinner plates.  I was surprised by the amount of food on the plate.  My husband actually asked what I was making because it smelled so good.

       Both chicken entrees were delicious.  The honey citrus chicken was in a sweet and slightly lemon flavored sauce.  It was served over pasta that was cooked al dente and was tossed with spinach, almonds, and tomatoes.  The glaze spilled over onto the pasta and both my husband and I agreed that it tasted great on the pasta as well.  The broccoli and zucchini were both cooked tender but were not soft or soggy.

      We enjoyed the pomegranate chicken as well.  The sauce was sweet and tart which was a pleasant combination.  The whole grain pilaf tasted great with the sweet currents.  The beautiful green beans, yellow beans, and ribbon cut carrots were tender crisp and kept their vibrant colors.

     The big surprise was that these healthy frozen entrees were not only good but filling as well!  I usually only eat frozen meals for a healthy lunch but I'm happy that there is a frozen meal that is filling enough for dinner as well.  In fact we didn't need to eat anything else except one of the leftover chocolate covered pretzels for dessert. 





If you want to #EatHonestly and try Lean Cuisine Honestly Good frozen meals head over to their website to find a coupon for Honestly Good meals!

For more information on these healthy meals, visit Lean Cuisine on Facebook and Twitter @NestleUSA. All six varieties of these frozen meals can be found in the natural meals section of the freezer aisle at WalMart.

No comments:

Post a Comment