Pages

.

Tuesdays At The Table - Crispy Chorizo Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers

Happy Tuesday!  This weekend (Yes, I'm already looking forward to the weekend), I'm having my friends over for game night.  We meet once a month and all take turns hosting.  This will be the first time that most of them will see my home and since I can't disguise that the bought a money pit - my plan is to impress them with a new appetizer.  This is one that I can't wait to try out on them.

Lovely Yellow Ribbons

Crispy Chorizo Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers

10 jalapeno peppers (the bigger the better)
10 ounces colby jack or mozzarella cheese
8 ounces cooked hot Mexican chorizo
1 egg
1 cup bread crumbs
Olive oil for frying

Remove stems from the jalapeno peppers and remove innards through the top with a knife and very small spoon (or a corer if you have it).   Stuff each jalapeno with layers of chorizo and cheese.

In a shallow bowl, beat the egg.

Dip the stuffed jalapeno peppers into the egg, then coat with bread crumbs.

In a deep frying pan, add about 1 inch of oil and heat thoroughly.  Fry each breaded jalapeno popper about 3-5 minutes each side, or until golden brown.

What's cooking in your kitchen?




No comments:

Post a Comment