Pages

.

Tuesdays At The Table - Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treats

Happy Tuesday, ladies!  Did everyone have Monday off?  I hope so - almost everyone I've come across stayed up late to watch the Golden Globes!

Ladies, I'm going to be honest...I'm cheating this week.  Instead of a new recipe, I'm sharing (or re-sharing) my favorite rice crispy treat recipe.  It was the first recipe I ever shared - so a good portion of you have never seen it.  Plus, I'm sick and just thinking about food at the moment brings on a new wave of nausea.

Lovely Yellow Ribbons


Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treats

1 package Butterscotch chips (11.75 oz, I believe)
1 heaping cup of Peanut Butter (your choice!)
6 cups Rice Crispies

In a microwave safe bowl, slowly melt your butterscotch chips. Once nice and melted (no bumps), mix in your peanut butter.

Then slowly add your rice crispies. Your last addition will mean a little bit of a work out.  Turn out into a lightly greased 9x11 pan and refrigerate for an hour or until set.

Cut into bars and enjoy!

*Note: While you may be tempted to use low-fat peanut butter... I advise against it. The consistency changes. Use the good stuff and ENJOY!*

What's cooking in your kitchen?




No comments:

Post a Comment