Pages

.

Tuesdays At The Table - 1-2-3 Blackberry Sherbet

Happy Tuesday, ladies!! I haven't been this relaxed in...well...almost eight years.  I know it won't last long, but I'm enjoying these days of much needed freedom and relaxation.  I'm hanging with my mom, cuddling with the pups, crafting up a storm, monitoring my container garden & miniature fruit trees and have my DVR cleaned out for the first time since I moved.  Fun things are coming on ye olde blog.  Stay tuned.  :-)

Photobucket


This week I'm sharing a fun, easy, no bake dessert.  After all, it is summer.  Why make the house hotter than it needs to be?!

1-2-3 Blackberry Sherbet

4 cups fresh or frozen blackberries, thawed (feel free to substitute for any other berry)
2 cups sugar
2 cups buttermilk

In a food processor, combine berries and sugar.  Cover and process until the mixture is smooth.  Strain and discard seeds and pulp.  Stir in buttermilk.

Transfer puree to a 13x9 dish.  Freeze for an hour (until edges begin to firm).  Stir and return to freezer.  Freeze until firm (about 2 more hours).

Just before serving, puree the mixture for a moment to create a smooth consistency.

What's cooking in your kitchen?



No comments:

Post a Comment