Pages

.

Tuesdays At The Table - Chocolate Frosted Brownies

Ah, it's another fun Tuesday!  I know I shouldn't do another dessert this week...but I'm stressing out over closing on my house on Wednesday.  I need something sweet!

Oh, I know a few of you lovely ladies asked for pictures.  I sure wish I could oblige!  But my camera is dead!!  (See my bloggy eulogy here.)  As soon as I buy a new camera, I will really try to include more pictures of the foods I make.

Lovely Yellow Ribbons

Chocolate Frosted Brownies

1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup baking cocoa
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt


FROSTING:
3 tablespoons baking cocoa
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons warm water
1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar

In a large bowl, beat the sugar, eggs and vanilla. Beat in butter. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to batter and mix well.

Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.

For frosting, combine the cocoa and butter. Combine the water and coffee granules; add to cocoa mixture. Stir in sugar until smooth. Frost brownies.

What's cooking in your kitchen?



No comments:

Post a Comment