Pages

.

Tuesdays At The Table - Orange Milk Sherbet

Happy Tuesday!  I hope you had a fabulous long weekend.  Mine was fun-filled and relaxing...and I got a good start on my "to-do" list for when I finally close on my house.  What did you do over the weekend?

I know we're moving into fall (and, actually, I'm thrilled about it) but I did want to share one last summertime desert. *Found in a Taste of Home magazine.

Lovely Yellow Ribbons

Orange Milk Sherbet

1 and 1/2 cups orange juice (I'd recommend low or no pulp)
3/4 cup sugar
3 cups of whole milk (scalded and cooled)
1 can (16 oz.) crushed pineapple in natural juices

In a large bowl, combine orange juice and sugar - blending thoroughly.  Add milk and mix.  Pour into a 8x8 (or there abouts) shallow pan and freeze until mushy.

Place mixture back in the large bowl and whip for about 2 minutes.  Add pineapple and juices and mix well.  Pour back into the shallow pan and freeze.

What's cooking in your kitchen?



No comments:

Post a Comment