Pages

.

Biscoff cupcakes with swiss meringue buttercream

I recently heard that Biscoff spread was all the rage in the food blogging world. The only knowledge I had about Biscoff were the little cookies I received whenever I was on board a Delta flight. Little did I know that the company who had created the cookies also made them into a spread! The consistency is similar to peanut butter, but it tastes exactly like the cookie.

I researched some recipes using Biscoff spread and found this cupcake on The Novice Chef blog that sounded intriguing. Rather than use the marshmallow frosting that was listed, I opted to use my favorite swiss meringue buttercream to give the cupcakes a nice, light and airy friend. I love this buttercream because it isn't too sweet, and I didn't want the frosting to overpower the cupcake.

These cupcakes were well-received by my family and coworkers, so I'm sure I'll be making them again.

Ingredients
  • 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • A pinch of salt
  • 1/2 cup Biscoff spread
  • 1/2 cups brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup half and half (I didn't have any, so I subbed with heavy cream instead)
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare cupcake tin with cupcakes liners.

In a small bowl, whisk together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.

In a stand mixer, beat Biscoff spread and brown sugar until creamy. Add vegetable oil, egg, and vanilla extract, mix well.

Slowly mix in the flour mixture, alternating with the half and half, until completely combined.

Spoon cupcake batter into prepared cupcake tin, about 1/4 cup batter per cupcake. Bake for 16-18 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Do not over bake!

Remove from pan immediately and cool on a wire rack. Then frost with swiss meringue buttercream (recipe can be found here).

No comments:

Post a Comment