Pages

.

Tuesdays At The Table - Spinach Patties

Happy Tuesday!  Did everyone survive Monday?  From the look of Twitter...there were an abundance of not so happy campers.  :-(
Did you at least have an awesome weekend?  I did! I got to help transport two fuzzy little dachshund boys to their last stop before getting their furever homes.  Plus Sunday was my brother's birthday.  I am a little bummed that somebody put the kybosh on doing his birthday dinner *on* his birthday...but that's a story for another time {like when I'm being less generous}.

Anywho...I've told you all that I really like spinach, right?  So good.  And way more versatile than you'd think!

Photobucket

Spinach Patties

1 bag of frozen spinach, thawed and well drained
1 egg white
2 whole eggs
1/4 cup diced scallions
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl until well mixed. Form into small patties.

Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat and spray well with cooking spray.  Cook each patty 4-6 minutes each side. {Resist the urge to flip multiple times, or the patties may fall apart.}

Serve as a side dish, or make large patties as an alternative to your hamburger/turkey burger.

What's cooking in your kitchen?



No comments:

Post a Comment