Pages

.

Updates...And Other Randomness

OK. I'm back.  I promise! 

Blogging on an almost daily basis was ingrained in me for so long.  Then I took a break...and it's hard to get back in the blogging groove.  I didn't realize how hard it was to start again until I sat staring at a blank screen for over an hour last week.

Anywho...I have a few updates for you!
(Cue the bullet points)
  • Thanks to my awesome cousin and fabulous friend - I temped at their office during the holidays for a co-worker who had to be out for a few months.  I was heartbroken when I was told two weeks ago that I wasn't needed anymore.  But guess what?!
  • Today was my first day back in the office!!!  It's only part time for now, but I'm thrilled!  Cross your fingers that it turns into a full time gig. :-)
  • This week I'll also be following up another part time position.   I still want to pursue nursing school, and this position will lead me in that direction.
  • THANK YOU for all the prayers about my dad the past few days!!!  He's doing well and has been released from the hospital.  For those of you not on Twitter: My parents have been in Hawaii for the month of January essentially.  They made it to the last of their timeshare locations and went for a walk near Poipu.  Dad tripped, fell into a metal door /doorjam and split his head open.  Seriously - a 20cm or so split down to the skull that tore muscle.  He had to have surgery to repair the damage.
  • I'm debating whether or not to retire Tuesdays At The Table.  Fewer and fewer people were participating...and as much as I REALLY want to keep it going, I don't want to torture you all with recipes you won't use.
  • Being a Foster Coordinator, blogger and in charge of post-adoption follow up for Furever Dachshund Rescue has been busier than ever!  I promise I won't litter my personal blog with plights for help...but if you ever feel the calling to volunteer at events, help transport dogs, foster or adopt - I'd be happy to talk to you about it. :-)
  • Speaking of adoption - my brother and his girlfriend adopted from FDR this weekend.  She's one of eight puppies that was born to Molly the beagle (Yes, I know...we, as a doxie rescue do take other breeds occassionally!) and an unknown breed dad.  Meet Leia!!!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment