Pages

.

Way Better Snacks Review

     A few months ago I attended my first ever food blogger conference, Mixed Conference, in Virginia.  In addition to attending the sessions we were able to sample many delicious foods.  One of the snacks that we were able to try were bags of Way Better Snacks.  In fact, there were several bags of these snacks when I entered our hotel room the first night I was at the conference.   They were also passing out bags of them in between the sessions.  While I took a bag or two every time I walked by the snack area but I didn't really have time to try them until the last night of the conference.

     Before dinner on the last night I attended a wine and cheese party.  Sitting along side the cheese were the Simply Unbeatable Blues chips.  I am one of those people that can't really eat cheese without putting it on something so I put a cheese cube in the middle of the chip and gave it a taste.  The chips were really good so I went back and got some more!  I had never heard of Way Better Snacks and was interested to find out more about them.

     When I arrived home from the conference I contacted Linda from Way Better Snacks and she was nice enough to send me a few bags of these incredible chips along with some information on them.  I knew that they had to be good for me because when I went to the store to look for them I found them in the organic section.

     I got home from work on Friday and found a large box waiting for me on the porch.  I opened it up to find 6 bags of Way Better Snacks!  As soon as my husband saw them he asked if we could open the Sweet Chili Tortilla Chips.  While we munched on the chips, and by munch I mean proceeded to eat the entire bag,  I read him the materials that were sent with the chips. 

     Did you know that these chips are Certified Gluten Free,  Made in the USA , Kosher, Vegan, a Great Source of Whole Grains, Low Sodium, and All Natural ingredients?  I didn't!  I looked at the ingredients and was surprised to find broccoli seeds, radish seeds, chia seeds, flax seeds, and quinoa!  Who knew those ingredients could taste so good?  We were thrilled both by the taste of the chips and the quality ingredients that went into them.  As we're also trying to cut back on gluten, it's nice to know that there is a chip out there that is gluten free and tastes good. 

     Throughout the next week we ate all 6 bags of the chips.  Some of them, like the Sweet Chili Tortilla Chips, we ate just as they were.  Others, like the Simply Beyond Black Bean Chips, we ate in taco salads for dinner.  Because they are good for me I didn't feel guilty going to the pantry and grabbing a handful of chips after work whenever I was hungry.

     My favorite flavors were the Sweet Chili because I loved the slightly sweet and spicy flavor and the Black Bean because the slightly salty chip was perfect with our Mexican meals.  My husband enjoyed the Simply Unbeatable Blues dipped into hummus, and the Sweet Chili on their own. 

      I've now looked all over our small town for these chips and one of our local markets does carry them.  I'm happy that we are able to get the Black Bean and the Unbeatable Blues chips, but I am sad that they don't carry the remaining flavors.  It looks like a trip to Pittsburgh is in order to stock up on the other delicious flavors of these chips!

The chips were provided by Way Better Snacks for an honest review.  All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment