Pages

.

Double chocolate zucchini cookies

It's hard to believe that summer is almost over. Fall is upon us, which means it's almost time to start baking with pumpkin, apples and fall spices. I received some beautiful zucchini recently and wanted to find a chocolate chip cookie recipe that I could use it in. I eventually came across this one on Real Mom Kitchen and was glad I tried it.

The texture of the cookies were similar to the chocolate zucchini bread that I had made before, and both my husband agreed that these were excellent. If had more time, I probably would have grated my zucchini a little bit finer (I used a regular cheese grater), so there were some strands of zucchini sticking out of the cookies. While I couldn't taste the vegetable, I could feel the zucchini ribbons in my mouth occasionally while chewing. Nevertheless, these are nice and chocolatey and something I will make again!

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup margarine (I used unsalted butter)
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/3 cup cocoa powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 3/4 cups grated zucchini (I used closer to 2 cups)
  • 2 cups chocolate chips
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 

Grease cookie sheets or line your cookie sheets with parchment paper (I used my imitation Silpat). 

In a medium bowl, cream together the margarine, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla. 

In a separate bowl, mix the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt together. Slowly add into the creamed mixture. 

Fold in the grated zucchini and chocolate chips. 

Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets. 

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes (mine baked for 10 minutes). Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. 

Yield: About 3 dozen cookies (I got 41 cookies by using a medium cookie scoop)

No comments:

Post a Comment