Pages

.

Well, DAMN!

Ever have one of those times where someone (or life) surprises you?!  And not in a GOOD way?

Yeah. Today was one of those days....

JC (my brother, for those of you new to ye olde blog) called my office as I was booting up for the day.  No "Hi, how are ya?", "Whatcha doin'?", "Where'd ya put the fabric softener?".  Nothing.  Instead I got yelled at - to open a new web page - NOWWWW!

It turns out that one of JC's friends up in the north country (and you Army ladies know exactly where I'm talking about) did something colossally stupid. Twice. And got caught.

This man, whom I have previously held in high esteem - decided to rob a store pharmacy of their Oxycontin. The same place both times!  One time while wearing the platoon sweatshirt!  He parked is truck in plain sight of the security cameras!

I know this man!  I've spent hours talking to him, goofing around with him, his wife and their two kids.  My heart breaks for his wife and their two sweet pre-teen kids.  The only consolation is that they live a few states away and can be shielded from this a little.

It's way too soon to know how this will all pan out - but I'm not encouraged by the fact that he's being held on $25,000 bail.  I can't help but wonder if his cries for help were missed by all of us.  How did we not know?!?!  Not a single one of us...

...and all I can say is - well, damn!  Now what?!?!


No comments:

Post a Comment