Pages

.

Book Club Brunch with Gevalia Coffee and Safeway + Cinnamon Blueberry Bites!

     I am part of a book club.  We have the best time and each month someone hosts our club.  Sometimes we go out for dinner or brunch and other times we host at our houses.  This month was my turn to host and I decided to have a Book Club Brunch at my house.  Thanks to Gevalia and Safeway it was a snap to make some delicious sweets for my brunch and to serve them up with steaming cups of Gevalia coffee.


  
  Gevalia began brewing coffee in Gavle, Sweden in 1853, where traditional cast-iron roasting developed its distinctively rich, smooth taste that’s never bitter.   I've been drinking this coffee for years but somehow I never noticed that they had K-cups!  Did you know that Gevalia now comes in single serve cups for your Keurig® K-Cup® Brewer, perfect for a quick Gevalia fix?*  I was super excited when I went to my local Safeway and looked in the coffee aisle and found them! The convenience of Safeway and the great prices on a variety of items made it easy to host my book club brunch.   I found everything I needed to make a delicious brunch.


     For the brunch I bought both the Gevalia Signature Blend K-cups and the Gevalia Columbia coffee K-cups*.  I served fruit with Orange Creamsicle Dip, Cookie Butter Granola Bites, and Cinnamon Blueberry Breakfast Bites.  All three were sweet, delicious, and tasted amazing with a fresh made cup of Gevalia Coffee that is expertly made with carefully selected beans and ground extra-fine to produce a rich coffee experience.  While I enjoyed both flavors I purchased, I thought their Signature Blend was the perfect compliment to our breakfast sweets.  The other women at book club were divided on which blend they liked best but everyone agreed that Gevalia Coffee is perfect when served with sweets.


     We had a great time at book club and even after the sweets were gone we all enjoyed another steaming cup of Gevalia coffee while we discussed our latest book pick, The Handmaid's Tale.

Cinnamon Blueberry Bites (adapted from Oh My!  Sugar High)
1 1/3 c. flour
1 c. crisp rice cereal
1/2 c. sugar, divided
1 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1/2 c. butter, divided
1/2 c. milk
1 t. cinnamon
1 c. fresh blueberries

1.  Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.  Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.

2.  In a large bowl combine the flour, cereal, 2 tablespoons of sugar, baking powder, and salt.

3.  Mix in 1/4 cup of the butter, using a back of the fork and mashing it until it resembles coarse crumbs.

4.  Pour in the milk and stir until just combined.  Gently mix in the blueberries.

5.  Roll the dough in 24 small balls.

6.  Combine the cinnamon and remaining sugar in a bowl.  Melt the remaining butter in another bowl.

7.  Dip each ball into the butter then roll into the cinnamon sugar mixture.  Place into the mini muffin tin.

8.  Bake for 15-18 minutes or until they have browned.  Cool for 5 minutes and gently remove from the tin with a spoon.

  *Kraft Foods is not affiliated with Keurig, Inc. KEURIG and K-CUP are registered trademarks of Keurig, Inc.
    
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment