Pages

.

15 Minute Freezer Recipes by Kelly McNelis

     I was recently sent a copy of 15-Minute Freezer Recipes to review.  I was excited to see it as I enjoy making freezer meals so when I'm busy I can simply pop them out and enjoy them.  The author, Kelly McNelis, is a business owner, certified health & wellness coach, and a mom.  She also lives in my hometown of Pittsburgh, PA.

Inside the Cookbook

  • 10 favorite freezer recipes - including recipes for breakfast, dinner, and dessert
  • The best freezer meal tips
  • A grocery list for all 10 recipes
  • Cute labels for your freezer meals
  • Nutritional information for every recipe
  • A review from Registered Dietitian Dana White

Recipe List

  • Classic Oatmeal
  • Spiced Carrot Bread
  • Ham & Veggie Strata
  • Beef Roast & Carrots
  • Chicken Chili
  • Vegetable Barley Soup
  • Ham & Broccoli Calzones
  • Mexican Calzones
  • Chicken Enchiladas 
  • Oatmeal Chip Cookies
     The cookbook includes 10 recipes, each of which can be made in under 15 minutes.  There's a grocery list in the front of the book that will give you enough ingredients to make all 10 of the meals.  I love the fact that the nutritional info for each recipe is located in the back of the book.

     There are two things that I wish this book had.  I wish their were pictures included of all of the recipes.  I love seeing photos of the meals I'm making.  I also wish their were more recipes!  I tried two of the recipes from the book and enjoyed both of them.  The chicken enchiladas were easy to make and were perfect for a day I forgot to defrost something from the freezer.  They are a bit spicy and have a lot of flavor.  I also made the oatmeal chip cookies which I've been taking out of the freezer and baking in batches.  They are delicious.

     I can't wait to make the Mexican Calzones, they are next on my list.  Want to get your own copy of 15-Minute Freezer Recipes?  Click HERE to purchase either a paperback copy or an eCookbook.

I give this book 3 1/2 out of 5 stars.





No comments:

Post a Comment