Pages

.

3 on Thursday - The Name Game

Hi! Everyone having fun during this heat wave?  Oh...you're one of the few parts of the country that isn't having a heat wave?!  I don't like you.  {Kidding!!!} And neither does my amazing co-host Andrea.  {Still kidding.  She loves everyone!}
A huge THANK YOU to the lovelies that played along last week.  I know it had the potential to more thought provoking than our usual topics.


3 on Thursday

Back to something fun this week! Our topic this week is:
Names you would or absolutely would NOT name a future child.

I'll give you three for both sides of the question.  But feel free to just do three names you love or three you really dislike if that's what floats your boat.  :-)

Before I do - let me tell you a little name story.  When my mom was pregnant, my parents picked out the name Mariah. Right before I was born, my mom's cousin got a poodle puppy...and named her Mariah!  So obviously, my parents had to go back to the drawing board.  I'd like to credit my dad for picking the name I got.  Good job, dad!  And, a pretty hefty thanks to cousin Judy for naming her puppy Mariah...cuz I am NOT a Mariah! {Note: If I was a boy, my name would be Robert.}

Not happening:
Traditional names. Lord help me if I get a husband that fights for traditional names.  Don't get me wrong - there are a lot of really pretty names out there.  I just don't want my child to be one of three Jennifer/Mary/Lisa's or Michael/Joseph/Matthew's in their class.

Locations.  I've seen a wave of people name their kids after cities lately: London, Dallas, Houston and Phoenix.  I'm not knocking it... It just isn't for me.

Fruits or inanimate objects. Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin can get away with naming their child Apple.  Beyonce and Jay-Z can make Blue Ivy sound cool.  In real life - um, no.

Names I like:
Classic names. You may think differently than I do, but I view classic names as something that people won't blink twice when they see...but you won't have more than one or two in your high school or college graduating class.  I like Audrey/Hope/Clara or Lucas/Henry/Nathan.

Celtic names. I'm mostly Scottish... so, to me, it just makes sense.  I'm a fan of Fiona/Ainslie/Maeve or  Lachlan/Callum/Keegan.

Biblical names. Sensing a trend?  Like the others, the names aren't really weird, but they aren't amazingly common either.  On my list are Noah/Caleb/Gabriel  Claudia/Hannah/Chloe.

OK, now have some fun, link up and be sure to drop by and visit Andrea too!

No comments:

Post a Comment