Pages

.

Homemade Kahlua Frappuccino

Raise your hand if you drink coffee. If I could see all of you reading this, I would guess that most of you probably have your hands raised. Well, I am one of the few people who doesn't actually drink coffee. Every once in a while I like to indulge in coffee-flavored things like ice cream and chocolate with coffee flavorings. Although I am sure they are filled with tons of sugar, I enjoy them nonetheless.

I was overjoyed when DailyBuzz Food selected me to receive a Sweet'N Low® Sweetener Gift Pack and blog about a drink recipe. I decided to showcase a coffee-flavored drink since it had been years since I've enjoyed a real iced coffee drink. Katie's Healthy Frappuccino seemed easy enough and didn't create too many servings, so this was perfect for my husband and I to enjoy (he is also not a regular coffee drinker).

We both loved how this tasted just like what the large coffee chains would sell, but at the fraction of the cost. And now when I get a craving for an iced coffee drink, I can make it myself.

Ingredients
  • 2 cups milk of choice (I used soy milk)
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1-2 tsp coffee-flavored liqueur, such as Kahlua (depending on how strong you like it)
  • 2 tsp instant coffee
  • 1/16 tsp salt (don’t omit)
  • 2 Sweet'N Low® packets (or 1 teaspoon sugar; can add more if you need it a little bit sweeter)
  • optional: 1-2 tsp fruit pectin for extra thickness
  • optional: whipped cream, cinnamon and chocolate sauce to top, as desired
Directions
Mix all of the ingredients together and place in a shallow plastic container or ice cube tray and freeze. 

After they are frozen, remove the blocks and thaw until they are soft enough for your blender to crush them (do not let them thaw too much). 

Blend each serving individually until you reach your desired consistency. Add extra Sweet'N Low® as needed, but do not add ice (it will water down the drink). Pour into glasses and drink up!

Yield: 2 servings


Source: Ever so slightly adapted from Chocolate-Covered Katie

Disclaimer: As a part of the DailyBuzz Food Tastemaker Program, I received a Sweet'N Low® Sweetener Gift Pack and a stipend.

No comments:

Post a Comment