Pages

.

Chocolate chip cookie dough pudding

I was beyond excited when I found out that I won a cookbook of my choice from Lynsey Lou's food blog.  Lynsey is an online friend of mine, and we "met" through a cooking forum. Lynsey had given her readers the opportunity to win one of several cookbooks. Although all of them looked enticing, I had my heart set on The Cookie Dough Lover's Cookbook. I had heard wonderful things about it through many other blogs that I follow, and I hadn't bought it for myself yet.

True to her word, Lynsey sent me this cookbook, and I immediately flipped through each page. What is wonderful about this book is that the author, Lindsay Landis (of Love and Olive Oil), has photos for every single recipe in the book. That, my friends, is rare. This might be the first cookbook I've ever heard of where the author has pictures of every dish.

My husband was swimming one weekend morning, and I was at home with our daughter. I read the recipe, and it looked very easy. The "active time" listed on the page said it would only take 20 minutes from start to finish. I decided to multi-task and both play with my daughter and make this pudding at the same time. 

This pudding really does taste like cookie dough! Because I am a chocoholic, I didn't think that the sprinkling of chocolate chips was enough. In the future, I will probably add chocolate chips into the pudding itself and add some on the top. That might sound like a lot of chocolate chips, but that's the way I roll. Those of you who aren't as big into chocolate like me should stick to the original recipe.

I can't wait to start making all the recipes in this fantastic book. Thanks again, Lynsey, for selecting me to win this cookbook!

Ingredients
  • 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed, divided
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 3 TBSP cornstarch
  • 2 cups whole milk
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 TBSP unsalted butter
  • 1/4 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
Directions
In a saucepan, whisk together 1/2 cup of the brown sugar, salt and cornstarch until no lumps remain. Add milk and heavy cream and whisk over medium heat until mixture begins to thicken and starts to bubble, about 5 to 7 minutes. Lower heat to medium-low and continue to whisk until thick, about 5 minutes more.

Remove from heat and stir in the remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar, vanilla and butter until smooth.

Pour pudding into a large serving bowl or individual dishes. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing plastic onto the surface of the pudding, and chill until set, about 1-2 hours. Before serving, remove plastic wrap and sprinkle pudding with chocolate chips. 

Yield: About 4-6 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment