Pages

.

Tuesdays At The Table - Vanilla Granola

Howdy!  It's Tuesday again.  I have no idea where the weekend went... It's been so hot that it probably went up in steam.  Heeheehee!  :-)  OK, I'll stop.  I know I'm not funny.

Anyway, I'm sharing my love of granola this week.  It seems to be costly in the store, but it's really economical to make yourself.

Photobucket

Vanilla Granola

6 cups quick cooking oats
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1/2 cup sesame seeds
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons water
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

In a large bowl, toss oats, walnuts, coconut and sesame seeds. In a saucepan over medium heat, cook oil, honey, brown sugar, water and vanilla until well mixed. Pour over oat mixture and stir to coat evenly. Pour into two greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pans. Bake at 275 degrees F for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool, stirring occasionally. Store in an airtight container.

Even though the recipe calls for coconut, I didn't use it (I'm allergic to coconut) and it still came out really well.

What's cooking in your kitchen?

No comments:

Post a Comment