Pages

.

Featured Dish: Panko crumbed poached eggs, Goldilocks

Hello hello! Welcome to a new segment here on my blog: the Featured Dish. Basically, these are going to be short, sharp posts highlighting a truly excellent dish that I've enjoyed and want to share with you all. Cheap, expensive, savoury, sweet, whatever - the only criteria I'm setting for myself are that it needs to be something available for purchase (i.e. not something home cooked), and that I need to absolutely love it.

So, without further ado... here is my first featured dish!

Panko crumbed poached eggs with shaved asparagus and miso puree, $13.90, Goldilocks Cafe


I saw this dish on Twitter one afternoon, thought it looked amazing, and swiftly arranged to have brunch at Goldilocks the next day.

There's a fantastic balance of textures and flavours on the plate: two perfectly poached, soft eggs are coated in a thin layer of panko crumbs and deep fried, to make a great crispy, edible shell. (Shell, hah! Get it?) Eggs, of course, love salt, which is provided by a smear of miso purée, as well as a light sprinkling of sea salt. Finally, the salad of thinly shaved raw asparagus adds a lovely lightness to the fried eggs and intense savoriness of the miso.

Mmm... gooey eggs

I thought it was a delicious, creative, and well-executed meal, which made a fabulous light lunch.

Goldilocks Cafe
Stanley Place (rear of Firechief)
Hawthorn East VIC 3123
Ph: (03) 9831-1799

Goldilocks on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment